Theresa Doonan has over 30 years experience in IP prosecution and management as a patent and trademark paralegal. She leverages that experience in leading Dilworth IP’s paralegal and docketing team, collaborating with the firm’s clients and team of professionals to effectively manage each client’s docket. Theresa has extensive research capabilities and is proficient in filing and prosecuting patents in the US, through the PCT, and internationally. Theresa also files and assists in managing the clients’ trademark portfolios in the US and internationally through the Madrid Protocol, EUIPO, and through associates directly into their respective jurisdictions.
- Elected member of Women in Homeland Security;
- Member of Patent Cooperation Treaty Beta Inception Team at United States Patent and Trademark Office;
- Member of the American Bar Association Standing Committee on Paralegals;
- Member of the Connecticut Bar Association Intellectual Property Paralegal Committee;
- Member of the Fairfield County Bar Association Intellectual Property Committee;
- Member of the Greater Bridgeport Bar Association;
- Recipient of the State of Connecticut Service Above Self Award;
- Member of the State of Connecticut’s DEA Task Force;
- Co-Founder of Governor Dannel Malloy’s State of Connecticut Drug Task Force;
- Co-Founder of the First Selectman’s Drug Task Force for the Town of Trumbull CT;
- Emergency First Responder and Educator.