WEBINAR ON SEPT 17TH: Evolving Obviousness Standard
Sep 4th, 2020 by Dilworth IP | Recent News & Articles |
Obviousness Standard: Leveraging Latest PTO and Court Guidance
Overcoming Challenges of Obviousness and Attacks on Patent Validity
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
Thursday, September 17, 2020
1:00 PM to 2:30 PM EDT | 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM PDT
Friends and Associates of Dilworth IP receive a 50% discount to this CLE program by registering through this link!
Join Dilworth IP Partners Bill Reid and Jon Schuchardt for this 90 minute CLE webinar that will provide patent counsel with guidance on the evolving obviousness standard. In a post-KSR v. Teleflex world in which obviousness is at times confused with patent eligibility under Section 101, how is the Federal Circuit’s treatment of obviousness issues changing? How does the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) handle obviousness in inter partes review (IPR) proceedings? Which forum more favors patentees, the PTAB, or the district courts?
Our panel with answer these and other essential questions.
- Background for the obviousness standard
- Federal Circuit treatment of PTAB decisions in appeals of final rejections in ex parte and inter partes reexaminations
- Federal Circuit treatment of district court decisions
- IPR decisions and results on Federal Circuit review
- Practice tips
The panel will review these and other high profile issues:
- How have recent Federal Circuit decisions impacted the application of the obviousness standard?
- What level of “unexpected results” is needed to demonstrate patentability?
- How can practitioners leverage recent decisions in which the Federal Circuit has insisted upon more thorough, reasoned explanations of the PTO’s obviousness conclusion?
- What strategies should patentees and petitioners employ to prevail on obviousness assertions in an IPR proceeding, and how will those strategies fare at the Federal Circuit?
Explore these and other critical questions in this timely program. This CLE webinar will be led by the following Dilworth IP attorneys:
This event is sponsored and produced by:
Note: Fees apply to attend.